Check-In 8:15 AM, Tour Departs 8:30 AM
Outside Deacons' House Cafe, 304 Lawnmarket, Edinburgh EH1 2PS
Tour concludes outside Deacons' House Cafe, 304 Lawnmarket, Edinburgh EH1 2PS at approximately 6:00 PM.
On this multi-day adventure, your Driver Guide will tell you all about Scotland: it’s bloody history, world-renowned culture, and legendary folklore which has inspired generations of locals and visitors alike. Covering ancient castles, stunning scenery, bronze age stone circles and battlefields that shaped the course of the country, this tour ticks more boxes than most.
No tour of Scotland would be complete without a visit to the Isle of Skye, which is Scotland’s second-largest island. A visit to the ‘Misty Isle’ is one of those magical experiences you should do at least once in your lifetime, as the geological landscape of the island is simply breathtaking and will stay with you forever.
This tour requires a 2-night stay in the City of Inverness.
Accommodation is not included in the price of your tour and all guests are required to book their own due to the small nature of our team. Recommendations of where to stay will be listed in your confirmation email once you have booked your tour.
Celebrating over a decade of Highland Tours, The Hairy Coo is one of the highest-rated coach tour operators in Scotland. We have been honoured to have been included in TripAdvisor's "Best of the Best" list, which showcases the top 1% of experiences worldwide, are Gold rated on TourRadar and won Get Your Guides' global "Incredible Tour Guides" award in 2020.
For all bookings of day tours, a minimum of 24 hours' notice prior to your scheduled departure is required in order to receive a full refund. If a cancellation is made with less than 24 hours notice, no refund is given.
For all bookings of multi-day and custom private tours, a minimum of 72 hours' notice prior to your scheduled departure is required in order to receive a full refund. If a cancellation is made with less than 72 hours' notice, no refund is given*
*Note that in the event the client requests a refund for any reason, Tour Desk reserves the right to charge a 3% administration fee to cover costs incurred.
Cancellation and refund requests need to be sent in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Check-In 8:15 AM, Tour Departs 8:30 AM
• We are unable to wait for latecomers under any circumstances and there will be no refunds for missed tours. It is vitally important that if you are arriving at the departure point by taxi or local bus that you leave enough time to get there for the departure time.
• Meet outside Deacons' House Cafe, 304 Lawnmarket, Edinburgh EH1 2PS
• 3 Days
• Tour concludes outside Deacons' House Cafe, 304 Lawnmarket, Edinburgh EH1 2PS at approximately 6:00 PM.
• We recommend leaving at least 1.5 hours between any further travel or reservations in the evening, in the event of delays or traffic.
• Food & drink
• Gratuities for your Driver Guide
• Optional Extras can be purchased directly on the day of your tour from your Driver-Guide.
• Kelpies - Free
• Highland Folk Museum (seasonal) - Donation Based
• Blair Athol Distillery Tour and Tasting (18+) - £17.00 Adult (subject to booking availability) Your driver/guide will ask you to confirm your attendance on the whisky tour and tasting on day 1 of the 3 day tour so a reservation can be made at the distillery. Payment must be made in cash to your driver/guide so one payment can be made for the group on arrival at the distillery.
• We recommend you bring warm and/or waterproof clothing, no matter what the forecast appears to be…Scotland’s weather is very unpredictable!
• Don’t forget your camera to capture all the lovely scenery and wildlife you’ll encounter on your tour, which you can later share with us online. #JoinTheHerd
• We must remind you that while picturesque and quaint, many of the suppliers in smaller towns across the Highlands do still prefer cash payments
• You are permitted to bring along both a carry-on bag one larger piece of luggage per person, such as a suitcase or backpack. This can weigh up to 15kgs per passenger and does not need to stick to any dimension restrictions as we understand those vary.
• Food is readily available at the majority of stops on tour, but you are more than welcome to bring snacks and cold packed lunch on board.
Now that you have booked your 3-day tour, it’s time to book your accommodation (Bed & Breakfasts book up quickly in the Highlands).
We are more than happy to help with recommendations for accommodation and below is a list of partners we work closely with on our tours. Please make sure to mention The Hairy Coo when contacting them.
It is our advice to always book directly with a provider, rather than using a large online booking site such as booking.com. These companies charge small businesses such a large amount of commission and we love to support them where we can!
Hostel: [Black Isle Bar Hostel] (https://www.blackislebrewery.com/hostel/)
B&B: [Ardross Glencairn Guest House] (https://www.ardrossglencairn.co.uk). Please mention you are travelling with The Hairy Coo when you book with them.
B&B: [Adrians' Guesthouse] (https://www.adriansguesthouse.co.uk) This is a newly refurbished and highly recommended guesthouse please book online or call (+44) 1463 232953 to discuss rates. Mention that you are a Hairy Coo guest to ensure an early breakfast and a discounted overnight rate is offered to ALL direct bookings!
B&B: [Aye Stay Bed & Breakfast] (https://ayestay.com/) Award winning boutique, family run B&B. Book online or call (+44) 7951 288 235
Hotel Inverness: [Penta Hotel Inverness] (https://www.pentahotels.com/hotels/united-kingdom/inverness)
You will require a two-night stay in the City of Inverness
If you would like to research other places to stay, we would kindly ask that you use our city centre drop-off point to reference which location in Inverness you should book. The drop off is located at 26 Queensgate, Inverness IV1 1DJ.
We strongly recommend that you book accommodation with a flexible cancellation policy. On occasion, our tours do get cancelled and re-scheduled so it is absolutely essential that you book accommodation that is fully cancellable.
The Hairy Coo cannot be held liable for accommodation cancellation charges in the event of tour cancellation.
Once you have booked your accommodation, we ask you contact us before your departure with the address for our records.
We would also expect everyone to bring one larger piece of luggage, a suitcase or backpack, which we will put in the hold of the bus during transit. This can weigh up to 15kgs per passenger and does not need to stick to any dimension restrictions as we understand those vary. The luggage restriction has been included to ensure that not all guests join the tour with excessive luggage as our vehicles do not have the space to hold too much.