Outlander Day Trip - Vivent Les Frasers | Glasgow
Join us for this day trip from Glasgow to some of the film locations which are top attractions in their own right too.
- Adults - £575
- 8.45am Meet at 266 George Street in Glasgow where we aim to leave at 9 am sharp. We will then make our way to Dalmeny Train Station to pick up our Edinburgh guests for 10 am.
- We will then make the short journey to Linlithgow Palace which is a fantastic palace ruin, used by the Kings and Queens of Scotland. It was Wentworth Prison in Outlander. We will stay here for 1 hour.
- Afterwards, we make our way to nearby Hopetoun House, the location for many of the French scenes and the Duke of Sandringham's residence. We stay here for 1 hour and a half. There is also a fantastic tearoom here where you can enjoy some lunch at your leisure (not included).
- We will then make the trip to Callendar House in Falkirk. We visit here for the kitchen area, made famous in Outlander where Murtagh chops off Sandringham's head. The kitchen itself is also fascinating, and there are guides on hand to explain how the kitchen once was in the 18th and 19th centuries. We will only visit for 30 minutes.
- Finally, we will make our way to the Drummond Castle Estate where you can enjoy the gardens. For anyone with green fingers a visit here is a real delight, and for Outlander fans, it was the impressive Gardens of Versailles in the show. We will stay here for an hour.
- We then make our way back to Glasgow and Edinburgh where we say our goodbye's and haste ye back to Scotland soon!
What to Bring
- Please bring a copy of your confirmation email
- Please wear closed comfortable footwear
- Please bring a light rain jacket
- Please bring cash, credit card and Historic Scotland Explorer Pass for entrance fees
- Please bring cash or credit card for lunch as it is not included in this tour
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|